HICKSVILLE EXEMPTED VILLAGE BOARD OF EDUCATION
May 21, 2018
The Hicksville Exempted Village School Board of Education met in Regular Session on Monday, May 21, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in the Community Room. The meeting was opend by President Minda Jones with the following board members present: Jennifer Caryer, Craig Eiden, Minda Joens, Stephanie Mazur, and Jared Wonderly.
Athletic Fund Money – Charge Athletic Trips
- Jeff Haught, Athletic Director, was present to discuss this topic.
- Monies generated help pay for supplies
- May be able to help pay $2,000/year for Drug Testing
- Athletic account primarly pays for uniform and equipment needs
- May be able to assist in paying for Drug Testing
- Cash flow a little higher this year due to proceeds from football and baseball playoffs
Sports Physical Fees
- Would need to hire a contractor to help with developing new strategic plan
- Mr. Countryman will look into a possible vendor and cost
- Per the State Auditor, we must specify what we are doing with this set-aside, along with the its specific goal/purpose
- Proceeds roughly $60,000
- Football fencing needs replaced
- Last quoted $8-10k for left & right of press box at football field
- Total estimate $33,000
- Could receive a discount if done over winter
- May place income tax levy on ballot for May 2019
- Field House – could be used as classrooms, possibly preschool rooms
- Get a quote
- Committee – Stephanie Mazur, Jeff Slattery, Jeff Haught, Craig Eiden
- State will not help fund the construction of new road
Jennifer Caryer moved and Craig Eiden seconded to adjourn this meeting until the next board board meeting to be held on Monday, June 25, 2018.
** Roll Call: Ayes- Jennifer Caryer, Craig Eiden, Minda Jones, Stephanie Mazur, and Jared Wonderly
Motion carried 5 to 0.
Board President Treasurer